Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving and 5 month update

Happy Thanksgiving! We are skipping out on our big family Thanksgivings today because of germs, but only having a small get together with grandparents and aunts!  That being said, we definitely have a lot to be thankful for this holiday season! 5 months ago, we didn't know if these sweet babies would make it, but look at them now! When I was admitted into Harris 5 months, 1 day ago, I remember the terror I felt! I was only 25 weeks pregnant, there is no way they could come! I remember crying to Curtis telling him how scared I was as I got my steroid shot and was wheeled from my dr office to the triage at Harris. As family trickled in, I remember crying with each one, and them telling me that it was going to be okay! Just a few hours later, I remember the rush to deliver, asking if they were breathing, watching them as they headed to Cooks wrapped up in ziplock bags. and finally being wheeled over to see them. 4 in the morning, after a long night, I just remember sitting in the wheelchair staring at these two little "Barbie doll" sized humans in amazement. They were perfect, small, but perfect. I remember the days after, willing them to open their eyes, praying for them, hoping they would breathe, waiting for them to cry, and just rejoicing over ever milestone! I can't believe that was 5 months ago, I am thankful for each minute that has passed. Some minutes were/are harder than others, but we are living minute by minute! Ok, enough with the sappy stuff! Onto our 5 month update!
Sweet Clayre is weighing in at 9lbs, and 19 1/2 inches! She loves to look around, and swing in her swing. She's only been home for 5 days, but already feels comfortable. She is finally getting used to her brother and likes to be near him. Yet, when he starts swinging his arms, she has finally caught on that she can fight back! She's also trying to roll over, she gets on her side, then she decides that she's not sure what to do about the other arm and gives up! She will get there, I know it! She's also our super sleeper, she would sleep all night without getting up to eat, yet at this point, we are still waking her up to make sure she's getting what she needs, she def doesn't like the middle of the night feeds anymore than we do! After all this little girl was been thru, she is making leaps and bounds! In the hospital, she faced almost ever possible issue that preemies face, but she is getting stronger by the day. Her oxygen requirement is getting lower, and we hope to continue to wean her slowly:) 
Cache is our firecracker! He is weighing in at about 8lb, 10oz, and 21 inches long! He loves to be cuddled and when it's time to be put down, he lets you know how he feels about it. He also lets ya know when he's hungry. You have exactly 5seconds from hungry little boy to a grumpy bear! Sometimes he sleeps about 5 1/2 hours at night without eating, but when he wakes up and realizes it, we are in trouble. He also loves to grab sister's oxygen and pull it out, he's trying to wean her himself! In the beginning we thought he was the chill baby, who would be down for whatever, but their personalities are beginning to change. It's amazing to watch! 

These babies bring so much joy to our lives already, I can't wait to see them grow to love each other and see the relationship they develop. Thanks for your continued thought and prayers! Please remember to thank God today, and everyday, for all of your blessings, and remember what this season is all about!!

No comments:

Post a Comment