Monday, November 4, 2013

Long time no update



Well, as you can all see, I switched over from caringbridge to blogspot.  This will be easier to keep up with (hopefully), and I can add pictures in my posts! That totally rocks! Well, I don't even know where to begin to update. If you are on my Facebook, you probably know for the most part what is going on, so I will just give a general update for the others! It's been a few weeks, so once again sorry about my rambling! Well, Cache escaped the hospital on October 14 (GiGi's birthday)! He was supposed to be discharged the week before, but the night before discharge, had an A3B3 (stopped breathing and had to be stimulated ) during a feed. That was not normal for him, so they ran some tests and found he had an ear infection.  The infection was causing pressure that was causing him to choke on his milk, and stop breathing.  That alone bought us 7 more days in the NICU, plus they started antibiotics for the infection. I was pretty down and out that day about him not being released, but if rather have had that happen at the hospital, than to me at RMH. So anyways, he was discharged that day, which was awesome, because Curtis was here from work to take him out of there with me!

He love his first ride in the fire truck! It was hard to leave sister, but we were glad to have him with us. We have continued to go visit sister! She is up to 6lb, 13 oz, and growing daily. She is only really working on coordinating eating with breathing, and our hopes are that she can get that down by Thanksgiving! Our goal was Halloween, but that came and went! We had a good Halloween in the hospital though!
They rested up for all night of trick or treating:) On Halloween, Cache also had a photoshoot for the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo. On February 5, the stock show is having Cooks NICU day, all of the proceeds from ticket sales to the rodeo that day (both shows), goes to the NICU! They needed a NICU graduate to be the "face" of NICU day. This means, Cache will be on posters, flyers, mail outs, and whatever else that they can use to advertise! Look for him:) He looked awfully cute in his cowboy "get up"! 
Well, that's all I can think of for now! I will leave you with a couple of pictures that a hospital photographer took:) I will be back later tonight or tomorrow to tell ya all about our baby shower/showers:) 




No comments:

Post a Comment